Launch web help to an accordion programmatically?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
bobmoon
Sr. Propeller Head

Launch web help to an accordion programmatically?

Post by bobmoon »

We are switching from HTML help output to web help. Our application Help menus currently have options for opening the HTML help to the Contents tab, Search tab, or Index tab.

I can't find anything in the help or forums about a command for opening web help and displaying a specific accordion item. I know that you can set the default accordion item in Flare, but can you use a link or javascript to launch the web help with the Search accordion displayed?

Thanks,
Bob
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Launch web help to an accordion programmatically?

Post by LTinker68 »

You can append a search string to a URL to launch the help with that search string entered and have the results returned automatically. See Features > Output (Distributing) > Connecting WebHelp to Applications > Connecting WebHelp - Developers in the Flare help.

I don't think there's a way to have the other tabs opened in a similar fashion. What I did was duplicate my skin and change the names to match the accordion pane I wanted displayed, so I named them "Search", "Index", "Glossary", etc. I then opened each skin and changed which accordion tab was set as the default tab. When you build the output, all the skins in the project are automatically included. From that point, in your application, you set up the CSH calls to append the appropriate skin name to the URL or JavaScript or other call you're making. So under our help menu, we had "Contents" which opened to the default help with the TOC visible, "Search topics" opened the help with the search skin appended to the call which opened the help to the welcome topic and the search pane visible, and so on. Examples of calling a skin name are in the same help topic listed above.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
bobmoon
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Launch web help to an accordion programmatically?

Post by bobmoon »

Awesome! Just what I was looking for.

Dang, I wish this forum had a "star rating" or recommendation button for great, helpful posts (and posters)!

Bob