Wonder how the Doc-To-Help's online help manage images

seakhong
Jr. Propeller Head

Wonder how the Doc-To-Help's online help manage images

Post by seakhong »

Hi all,

Does someone know if the MadCap Doc-To-Help's Online Help has been generated by Doc-To-Help ?

In that online help, images are displayed in a small format, and is displayed in a big format when I clic on them.
I wonder if I can do the same with Doc-To-Help Nethelp ?

Thanks for your advices.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Wonder how the Doc-To-Help's online help manage images

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome to the forums! :)

That said, I'm not a D2H user. But I used Chrome's browser inspection tools to look under the hood of the D2H v4 Help, and it sure looks to me like it was not generated with D2H but instead with Flare.

Given that I'm not a D2H user, I can't answer your question how to achieve the same effect in D2H. There are a few D2H experts here in the forums, so hopefully one of them will stop by.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
seakhong
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by seakhong »

Nita Beck wrote:Welcome to the forums! :)

That said, I'm not a D2H user. But I used Chrome's browser inspection tools to look under the hood of the D2H v4 Help, and it sure looks to me like it was not generated with D2H but instead with Flare.

Given that I'm not a D2H user, I can't answer your question how to achieve the same effect in D2H. There are a few D2H experts here in the forums, so hopefully one of them will stop by.
Thanks Nita.
Jack Konings
Propeller Head

Post by Jack Konings »

Hi Seakhong,

Nita is correct. The online help of D2H is created with Flare.
You can achieve something similar in D2H by using margin notes:
Click in the paragraph of the image that you want to be the thumbnail and then click Create Margin Note on the Doc-To-Help ribbon. A table is created with the selected paragraph in the right column. Now copy the image to the left column and make it as big as you want it to be when the image is clicked. Make the image in the right column as small as you like it to be, so it will look like a thumbnail.
Build your target, click on the 'thumbnail' and see if this is what you want.

Of course, this only will work online. If you are also creating a printout version, then you must use conditional formatting to keep this section out of the target.
Hope this helps.
Best regards
Jack