Do posts get moderated?

Adsy
Propeller Head

Do posts get moderated?

Post by Adsy »

Hi,

This post is kind of a test because I wrote a very long post requiring some help and hit Submit, but it doesn't display in the forum, and I have apparently not made any posts. Is it because it contained a URL it has to wait for approval? There were no windows to tell me that a submitted post would need to be approved before posting.

EDIT: Evidently they do, and I missed the window informing me of this. lol. My bad.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Do posts get moderated?

Post by RamonS »

The first few posts for new users are requiring approval. A few months back we had a massive flood of spam posts that were painful to clean up. It is an inconvenience for new users, but we have plenty of mods from all over the world to move legitimate posts through. The only time I rejected a post was when it was submitted several times, I pass one and drop the others.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Do posts get moderated?

Post by SteveS »

I usually log on first thing in the morning (we're GMT + 9.5/10.5 daylight saving) and one of the things I look for is post awaiting approval.

I usually notify the poster the post has been accepted, but I'm not sure if the board sends the message to the user's personal email address or their PM box (but suspect the latter).

Anyway, welcome to the forums and I suspect your posts will be automatically accepted soon :D
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.