Glossary issue

lhaworth
Jr. Propeller Head

Glossary issue

Post by lhaworth »

I am combining all of our individual manuals into one large knowledge portal

I have two issues

1. I have a word I have added to the Glossary - from our Estate Manual. Will and the definition of what a Will is, but this highlights everywhere else will is mentioned, like the staff will check ID

Should I update the Glossary and untick Automatic Links

2. The 2nd issue I have is because this manual has multiple definitions for the same word, now do I link that term to the right manual area
Example - from my estate manual, Administrator has one meaning and from my Remote Deposit Capture manual it has another
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Glossary issue

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

Reading your first question I suggest to open the glossary document and change formatting of "will" from "Glossary Heading" to "Glossary Heading (no auto links)". This prohibits automatic links in your next rebuild. In cases where you want the link you will have use D2H's link function for glossary items formatted with "Glossary Heading (no auto links)". Otherwise no link will appear.
If you add more glossary terms you might choose between both styles.
If you have glossary items where you do not want to create glossary links manually you may use the style D2HNoGloss to mark those parts of your source documents where you do not want links to Glossary Headings.

Now to your second question:
DocToHelp supports only one definition of a glossary term in a project. That means that you might enter all definitions below one glossary item.
The only way to get different definitions for parts of your target is to break your project down into smaller projects with different glossaries and create a modular hup project that makes one help system out of your smaller projects.

Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)