The home, or landing page set to last import

jaredgreen139
Propeller Head

The home, or landing page set to last import

Post by jaredgreen139 »

When going to default, or home page, it is going to the last imported/created location.
When getting to the page or clicking home page i want it to go to a home screen where all the items are minimized and it is going to a generic page, not the last one put in.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: The home, or landing page set to last import

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

a D2H user may specify which topic should be default one. Therefore, right-click the topic in the topics windows and select "Default Topic". This topic may be created as an overview with links to other topics, created manually or by D2H's automatic.
If you need more advice, it is necessary to discuss how you create the toc in your project.

Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
jaredgreen139
Propeller Head

Post by jaredgreen139 »

If i understand correctly, we are ahead of those steps in our process here.

We have the TOC built and have added a lot to it such as new topics etc. When we add a new item/new book and give it content etc, it always is the one that comes up when going to the home page. Verse when going to the home page having all the bookmarks and topics collapsed and ready to open. Currently when going to the home page/landing page it expands and goes all the way to the last item/topic/book posted vs opening the home screen with out everything being expanded.

Attached picture shows that it goes to the last time updated when going to home page/landing page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

maybe, my last reply was not clear enough.
When you have a TOC that contains all topics you want to appear, mark the topic that should be your "landing page" as Default Topic.
Your Topic window then should show the mark as in my screenshot. Another compilation is then necessary.

Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
jaredgreen139
Propeller Head

Post by jaredgreen139 »

this was fixed by creating a stand alone "welcome" page and setting it to be the landing page.
this can be closed or mark inactive.