Buildproblem in DTH 4

LenaLo 66
Propeller Head

Buildproblem in DTH 4

Post by LenaLo 66 »

After upgrade to DTH 4 I cannot build my existing project. Undependently of which word document I put on top the build is aborted directly with just an error message. As we are in Sweden it says "Denna metod eller egenskap är inte tillgängligt eftersom det här kommandot inte är tillgängligt för läsning." The English translation of the message is "This method or property is not available because this command is not available for reading." There is no further information of which method, property or command that is not available.
Build error message.jpg
I have changed .dotm-templates to .dotx-templates for the word document. When I started DTH first time after upgrade it looks like the project was updated correctly.

The same problem occurs when starting a new project from scratch.

Can anybody help me telling what is wrong?

/Lena
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Buildproblem in DTH 4

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi LenaLo,

are you able to open and compile the sample projects that come with V4?
What paragraph names are shown in your project for Heading 1, Heading 2,...?? (See project tab, paragraph styles. They are usually locked)
I haven't seen your error message before. It's a rather strange message. Perhaps you should inform MadCap support about the issue.

Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
LenaLo 66
Propeller Head

Post by LenaLo 66 »

We have submittet a support issue to the support, but as that process is rather slow, I tried this channel as well.
It sounds omnious for us that you never have seen this error message before.

In order to keep the ship running with the licences at our disposal, we have been forced, for the time being, to go back to D-T-H 3. So for now I cannot try the sample project. I will try when and if we get any answers from the support department.
swhite
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by swhite »

To resolve this behavior, please follow the instructions below:

1. Open Word
2. Go to the File ribbon and open Options
3. On the General tab, under the "Start up options" section, disable the "Open e-mail attachments and other editable files in reading view" option
4. Click OK

Then, please see if the behavior continues in DocToHelp 4.

Shelli White
MadCap Software
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

Shelli's right!
For one of my customers who reported the same issue with new projects, it was this Word option.

Many thank, Shelli!

Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)