headings and topics

JulieB
Jr. Propeller Head

headings and topics

Post by JulieB »

Hi there,
I have a large Word document, over 300 pages. I want to import it into a new Doc-to-Help 3 project, which I will output to NetHelp. The document is well formatted and has appropriate Heading 1 and Heading 2 headings applied. However, I do NOT want Heading 2's to generate a new topic. I want the Heading 1's to be a topic that has several heading 2's as you read through the text. Does anyone know if this is possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I thought I posted this question this morning. But, it appears it did not post.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: headings and topics

Post by SteveS »

Hi Julie, welcome to the forums.

New posters need to have their first couple of posts approved, we had a bit of a spam issue a while ago and decided to use the human approach to make sure new members are legit.

Doc-to-help is outside of my area of expertise, but I'm sure someone will be along to help directly...
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Jack Konings
Propeller Head

Re: headings and topics

Post by Jack Konings »

Hi Julie,

If you want a heading level 2 (and lower) to behave like normal text, please set the style type to 'Body text' as follows.
In your D2H project, click 'Project styles' in the 'Project' tab and select Heading 2 of the paragraph styles. In the middle you wil find the drop-down list 'Styles', now marked 'Level 2'. Here select 'Body text'. Do this for any next heading.
Please note that your heading 2 and lower do not have an outline level now, so they will not automatically be in your TOC.

Best regards
Jack