Twitter/Facebook Buttons

Rob Diaz
Propeller Head

Twitter/Facebook Buttons

Post by Rob Diaz »

I am trying to figure out how to set the link for the twitter and facebook buttons in the nethelp output. I have been looking around and can see where in the theme designer I can change the actual icons, but there isn't anywhere that I can see to actually set the link to be our twitter feed. Am I missing it or is it really not available?
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Twitter/Facebook Buttons

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi Rob,

Twitter Button lets you share the url that is currently open in your NetHelp. You, resp your audience may need to sign in to your/their Twitter account, resp. Facebook account before anything happens. D2Hs user interface does not offer any options to modify behaviour of these buttons. I assume it is burried in Javascript. But you may create own buttons which refer to any url you want (see "created by Doc-To-Help").

kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
Rob Diaz
Propeller Head

Post by Rob Diaz »

Thanks for the reply. We have overridden the "created by Doc-to-Help" button. I had no idea that the purpose of the twitter button was to share the current topic. That was not clear. Is there a way to remove these buttons, as it's really not appropriate for our help to be shared like that.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by SKamprowski »

Yes, of course you may remove buttons you don't want using the Theme Designer:
For themes based upon Tabs or Accordion, choose edit in toolbars.topicTop, for responsive themes either toolbars.left or toolbars.right.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)