D2H hangs on "Processing Document Comments"

dartrite
Jr. Propeller Head

D2H hangs on "Processing Document Comments"

Post by dartrite »

Hi
I only see this on when converting one particular Word document to CHM. Its not a large docx file at 147 pages, 5 MB.
Track Changes are off and all changes accepted. Fields are updated and then the document saved.

D2H hangs for around 5 minutes at this stage and then processes normally.

Can anyone tell me what this stage does? Any ideas what I can do to speed it up?

This is with fully updated Word 2016 (although I have seen it on Word 2013 with this document) and D2H Version 4.0.0.1396.

Thanks

Stuart
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: D2H hangs on "Processing Document Comments"

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi Stuart,

When D2H needs some time on "Processing Document Comments" this may be caused by comments entered by itself, maybe in an older version.
If your document was created several years ago, it may contain comments for links. If you remove such links and re-enter them with D2H 4 you will reduce comments. D2H will use D2HML styles to code link information.
Another item to look at are D2H comments to mark whole topics with conditions. I prefer to use "Topic Properties" for this.
To mark topics with subtopics it's even better to extract them in seperate documents, and apply conditions to that document.

Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)