D2H-RibbonBar

LisaSchiele
Jr. Propeller Head

D2H-RibbonBar

Post by LisaSchiele »

Hi,

our company prepared a new MS Word-Template for our documentation. Unfortunately, the D2H-ribbon bar is now invisible in Word.
I already checked the topics posted here in the forum, but this didn's really help me.
I succeeded in displaying the ribbon bar using a different .dot template, but then all the format is gone and adjusted to the settings in this .dot file.
When opening a document of the old layout, the ribbon bar is still there and all my settings in the Word options >> Add Ins >> Templates (GoTo) are equal to my former settings.
How can I now display in our new documents the ribbon bar without having to modify the entire template then??

Thanks for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: D2H-RibbonBar

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi Ms. Schiele,

you miss D2H Ribbon in your Source documents, don't you?
To get the D2H Ribbon you need to associate your source file(s) with a template that is based upon one of D2H's source file templates, one that belongs to your D2H version. This applies to all D2H versions before V4 (current version).

Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
LisaSchiele
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by LisaSchiele »

Hi,
thanks for your response. I know I have to associate my file with the D2H template, I succeeded in that, butthe entire layout in Word (text type and size, page frames...) is now adjusted to this new template. I want to keep my formatting in Word after having assigned a new D2H template, is that not possible / with which template file is it possible?
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

the dialog "templates and addins" in Word has a checkbox below the field where you change a document's template (see attached screenshot). THIS must be UNCHECKED. Actually, I remember situations when this checkbox seemed to ignored. You may also modify the D2H template to fit your needs.
Still, I suggest to care for your target templates, not the source template, because your source files don't leave your company, perhaps not even your working place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)