Doc-To-Help 3 - Cannot run macro in global template error

theBlackLodge
Jr. Propeller Head

Doc-To-Help 3 - Cannot run macro in global template error

Post by theBlackLodge »

I'm running Windows 10, Doc-To-Help v3.0.0.1217, Microsoft Word 2016 (16.0.4549.10000). When I try to build an HTML help file in Doc-to-Help (target template D2H_HTML.dotx), I receive the following error "Cannot run macro in global template C1D2HEngine.dot. Make sure that C1D2HEngine.dot is checked in the list of global templates in Word, dialog Templates and Add-ins."

In Word, I do have a few Doc-to-Help items checked in the templates dialogue, but do not see the particular item that the error message tells me to check. I also cannot file this file on my computer (see attached screenshot).

I see on an older version of online Doc-To-Help assistance, the following instructions were given, but I cannot find these files in the current doc-to-help startup folder either.
http://showme.doctohelp.com/D2HKB/index ... eError.htm

I've compiled documents recently with success, but my machine was recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then I've started to receive the error.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jack Konings
Propeller Head

Re: Doc-To-Help 3 - Cannot run macro in global template erro

Post by Jack Konings »

Hi theBlackLodge,

Seems that you lost your C1D2HEngine.dot in the Word startup folder during upgrade to Windows 10. Your Word Startup folder is the folder in which also your C1D2HAuthor.dot from your screenshot is.
You can find your original C1D2HEngine.dot in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MadCap Software\DocToHelp\Templates\Startup\".
Just copy the file to your Word startup directory (C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP).
If this does not help, then I guess that reinstalling D2H is the next best way to go.

Ps: you may also want to check your disabled items in Word.

Regards
Jack
theBlackLodge
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Doc-To-Help 3 - Cannot run macro in global template erro

Post by theBlackLodge »

Thank you, a reinstall of the software seemed to be the way to go as I now have the correct file in the correct location and was able to generate my HTML help file.