Is there a way to Search in a d2h project?

ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Is there a way to Search in a d2h project?

Post by ktbCA57 »

Hi, because i'm unable to import my d2h into Flare (let's not even go there), i would like to be able to find specific information in the existing d2h project. However, I don't see ANY way to do a search/find in d2h like there is in Flare... Ctrl F doesn't seem to do anything...

is this simply not possible or am i just not looking in the right place?

Thanks!
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Is there a way to Search in a d2h project?

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

Actually, DocToHelp does not have a "Find" function similar to Flare. One Workaround may be to export Project Settings (no Contents) to XML. What are you searching for?
If you want to Import a DocToHelp Project into Flare, you should have a customized TOC.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

Thanks... I worked with Madcap for days trying to get this project imported into Flare.. I inherited the d2h project and for some reason, it simply won't export everything to XML for import into Flare.. it's a mess.. but it has information in it that i need to use in the Flare project.

As far as what i'm searching for... it's different things.. it's content, nothing about the project itself... just content about our product.

Thanks for confirming that there is no search option...I am relieved it isn't ME that's the problem this time! lol

THANKS!
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

as for getting the Content into a Flare Project it could be done by importing it as Word document(s), either from the source files in DocToHelp or from a Manual created with DocToHelp.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
ktbCA57
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ktbCA57 »

yes... we tried that too, but a lot of the word docs are missing.. like i said, Madcap worked on all the options for days with me... but we never could get all the issues resolved so that the project exported/imported as a cohesive set of files.

I mainly just wanted to be able to search the d2h as i've already moved on from wanting to import into Flare.

Thanks, tho...
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by SKamprowski »

What do you mean with "Word documents are missing" ?? If you do not have a complete DocToHelp Project it might with worth looking into targets that are complete.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski