Fatal Word error: Could not apply the style

Chainware
Propeller Head

Fatal Word error: Could not apply the style

Post by Chainware »

Hi,

Suddenly, when compiling a Manual project I get this error. It occurs for all Manual projects.
What could be wrong?

Sjouke

D2H V5-1521
Windows 10
Word 2016
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Fatal Word error: Could not apply the style

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi Sjouke,

have you installed Microsoft Patches?
Then I would first try an almost empty project with the contents provided by MadCap and the original templates from MadCap, locally, not on any server.
Does this create a Manual?
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
Chainware
Propeller Head

Re: Fatal Word error: Could not apply the style

Post by Chainware »

Hi Sabine,

Yes I have the latest MS software. This was happening on network drive. On local drive it works fine! I also have other fatal error messages like Access denied (see other posting). I think all these errors are related to each other.

This morning I got a new error message when trying to open a local D2H project by double clicking the Word source file: 'D2H has detected a conflict with your MS word installation'. See attached. I read the KB article, and Option 1 solved this problem. However I looked at Option 3, and noticed something strange in the Word registry of my pc. The Word versions mentioned in the two lines on the right are not the same. See attached. Does this mean that Word is somehow corrupted, and that I need to uninstall and reinstall Word????????

Sjouke
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.