The previous forums used have been archived and can be located here: http://forums.doctohelp.com/
All new posts should be posted here in the MadCap Forums.
Some helpful tips:
- These are primarily peer-to-peer assistance forums. MadCap staff does monitor these forums, but they may not see every post. If you really need to talk directly to MadCap, there are two ways you can do it.
If you have a maintenance contract, you can submit a support ticket here:
And if you have a bug report or feature request, you can submit it here:
Note that you do not need a maintenance contract to submit bugs.
Important: Even if you know someone else has already submitted a bug report or feature request regarding a particular issue, please submit an additional request. The more people submit something the more likely MadCap is to make it a priority, and its possible you've found a detail about the issue that others may have missed.
- Forum members with a green name are MVPs (Most Valuable Professionals). These folks are users of MadCap software much like yourself; the MVP designation indicates that they have consistently provided useful help to other forum members. They're knowledgeable and always willing to help. However, they do not work for MadCap: they aren't paid for what they do here, they aren't directly involved in developing MadCap software, and they don't speak for MadCap.
- Forum members with a red name are officially certified MadCap Trainers. Like the MVPs, the trainers don't speak directly for MadCap Software.
- Forum members with an orange name are MadCap staff.
- Please try to be constructive. We understand that it can be frustrating if things aren't working for you, but remember that these are peer-to-peer forums.
- Before posting a question, try the forum's search feature. Many of the most common questions have been answered several times, so you may be able to find the solution in the existing threads.
- Try to ask your question in the correct section. There are separate forums for each MadCap product, and within those forums there are sub-forums relating to specific types of problems (for example, stylesheets, print output, importing from other sources, etc.) Asking your question in the correct forum and sub-forum will make it more likely you'll get a useful response quickly. Also, please ask your question in only one forum / sub-forum.
- Additional information about Madcap software can be found in the Knowledge Base. The Knowledge Base includes known issues, workarounds, and links to patches.
Thank you for reading this! We hope you find everything you need to help you be productive with MadCap Software.