Theme Editing

Adsy
Propeller Head

Theme Editing

Post by Adsy »

I have been having some fun with the theme editor so I can fully customise my theme to match the website I am hosting the guide on.

I used ThemeRoller to create a lot of the customisations, but it doesn't have any affect on this question.

I am using a custom theme based on the Responsive theme. Is there a way to remove the buttons on the right side of the topics I create to indicate there is more information there? I don't want the buttons/icons on the right to indicate this. I find it is natural enough that if people want more information they will click the menu item and then choose from the options provided or see the intended info. It might not be best practice, but that's what I want.

I also want to know how to remove the shadow/light that surrounds the button when it is selected. Is this done through the css or theme editor somehow? I am happy if the button itself is blue but I don't like the shading displaying over the other buttons. Our new website has been designed to be a flat look, more modern style, and it works exactly how I want, but I can't work out how to change the shading.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Image attached as example of both.
Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Theme Editing

Post by SKamprowski »

Regarding to your questions...
Removing of buttons you do not want is done in Theme Designer. You may watch how to do this is a short Flash video
http://www.microtaurus.de/Demos/themedesignerteil1.html.
It was created with an older D2H version, the functions are still the same for NetHelp 2.0 themes. The video is silent, with German annotations.

Removing shadow of buttons is done with ThemeRoller (css).

Regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
Adsy
Propeller Head

Post by Adsy »

Hi Sabine,

Thanks for your reply. Can we "pretend" I'm a complete idiot and say that I don't understand how that video shows me how to remove the buttons?

As for the ThemeRoller, I have tried editing the box-shadow in both the themeroller but it has no effect when I view the preview, so I am not sure that is the correct setting. I think I can change the box-shadow of the css once the User Guide files have been built, but then I would need to do this every time unless I can find it in the css theme, which doesn't seem to want to save properly when I edit this.

I'm starting to think I might just have to put up with both of these issues, being aesthetic anyway, it's just my OCD that is making me want to change it. No one else seems to care or mine, lol.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

to help you with the theme roller:
1. choose your own theme, means one whic can be modified
2. choose the section where you want to remove buttons, either by clicking in the appropiate area or by selecting it from the dropdown list
3. click the edit button and remove all buttons you do not want.

As for the css: if you modify downloaded css in the "common" subfolder of Themes it will be permanent. No need to modify after every compilation.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
Adsy
Propeller Head

Post by Adsy »

I still seem unable to remove the buttons as such. The icons are removed, but the buttons remain and are active. I'll just live with it I think.

In regards to the css, edited and done, thanks for your help.