Centralizing Responsive Themes, Minimzing size.

nonnenmacher
Jr. Propeller Head

Centralizing Responsive Themes, Minimzing size.

Post by nonnenmacher »

I have many help files for many different software modules. I have created a new Responsive NetHelp Theme. How can I summarize all identical files in one central folder and link all produced help files to the script files?
Is there an API for example or can you just let me know the places in the files where I have to change the links?

What I have done so far:

I have summarized all identical files in a sub folder (see screenshot)
Then I have changed the following:
1. Changed links in the produced html files to the new location:<script src="HelpCommonFiles/js/nethelp.redirector.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
2. Then changed the links in the settings.xml:
<settings>
<theme>
<layout>HelpCommonFiles/themes/LvResponsive/layout.html</layout>
<stylesheet>HelpCommonFiles/css/jquerymobile/light/jquery.mobile.css</stylesheet>
</theme>
<references>
<join>HelpCommonFiles/themes/LvResponsive/settings.theme.xml</join>
<join>HelpCommonFiles/themes/LvResponsive/settings.en-us.xml</join>
<join>HelpCommonFiles/themes/LvResponsive/settings.de-de.xml</join>
<css>HelpCommonFiles/LinksExt/D2H_HTML.css</css>

3. changed link in the index.html: (<script type="text/javascript" src="HelpCommonFiles/js/nethelp.connect.js" data-responsive="true"></script>)

Where is my mistake? Or is there an easier possibility?
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Centralizing Responsive Themes, Minimzing size.

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

Actually, I don't assume it's wise to move the js-folder*. It is necessary for a lot of project specific links, e.g. to create the links to "next" or "previous" page, at runtime.
If you want to move the themefolder and the css folder you may need to find alle links that ARE in the js folder that point to theme-/css-folder.

In addition there are some files in the js folder that seemed not to be needed for "every" NetHelp: e.g. nethelp.eclipse.js or nethelp.sandcastle.js. Still you may need to test it with your project(s).
NetHelps main folder also contains some files that are not always used.

* you already found that you need to modify all the files in every document subfolder.

Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)