Resizing images

raul
Jr. Propeller Head

Resizing images

Post by raul »

Hello everyone,

I just started to migrate all my project's documentation to D2H.
I'm having some troubles with the target template and the results when building the manual print version: images are not resized even when in the D2H project (Word) are resized, the style of the references change in some images, breaks between texts where there is supposed to be none.
Is there any guide about creating templates or anything related to these troubles I'm having?

Thanks in advance
Jack Konings
Propeller Head

Re: Resizing images

Post by Jack Konings »

Hi Raul,
Your problem concerning the scaling of images sound like a very old bug with .doc files in V3 and later. I reported it in 2015, but for as far as I know this has never been fixed.
The solution is to convert all your source documents and templates to DOCX-format. Then the scaling will be respected.
Maybe this will also solve other problems with your target template. If not, then maybe here is some more useful information:
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/d2h5/Co ... es-D2H.htm

Best of luck
Jack
raul
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Resizing images

Post by raul »

Thanks a lot for the quick response Jack.
I think the problem is that I migrated from the old software in .rtf documents and then saved those .rtf docs into .docx. These might have something fro mthe .rtf format that's conflicting with the image resizing.