Deleting topics sent for review

Postby DoritSapir on Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:57 am

When I first invited an SME to a project, I used the wrong email. I discovered this only after sending a topic.
I then deleted the user with the wrong email and reinvited the user with the correct email.
I now have two versions of the topic, one sent to the correct email and one sent to the wrong email.
How can I delete the "wrong" topic?
DoritSapir
Propeller Head

Re: Deleting topics sent for review

Postby niglon on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:13 am

In Flare, in the Reviews pane set the filter to Sent and find the topic sent to the wrong user. On the top menu you can select the close option. This will cancel the review status for that topic, leaving the correct one open for review.
niglon
Jr. Propeller Head

Postby Steve_H on Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:57 am

Hi niglon. I'm also interested in cleaning up/deleting old reviews, but can't see the close option you mention.

In the Madcap Central portal, I've navigated to Reviews and set the Sent filter. After selecting the topic to be removed/closed, I don't see a 'top menu' (in ascending order, I have only Pending Sent etc, All Projects, and Reviews headings displayed).

Maybe its important to note that I'm on a 30-day trial, where possibly not all features are available)
Steve_H
Jr. Propeller Head

Postby Nita Beck on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:59 am

Hi Steve. Welcome to the forums! :)

As was mentioned above, you need to close out reviews from within Flare, not from within Central. Follow the instructions given above for Flare. HTH

BTW, your being on the 30-day trial doesn't matter. MadCap gives one full functionality of a product while trialing it.
Nita
Content Strategist / Information Architect / Flare Consultant: http://beck-communications.com
Manager, Rochester Flare User Group: http://www.facebook.com/RochesterFlareUserGroup
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Return to Central's General Discussion