Changes assigned to "unknown user"

wclass
Propellus Maximus

Changes assigned to "unknown user"

Post by wclass »

I have been playing with Central and looking at the source repository and come across an issue (but it is not a major problem).
Was wondering why my changes have been assigned to the "unknown user" when I have logged in and are part of the team.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
rob hollinger
Propellus Maximus

Re: Changes assigned to "unknown user"

Post by rob hollinger »

Is this still happening?
Try logging out of Central in the Browser and in Flare.
Please make sure your using the release version of Flare and not the Beta - Check the Help > About - It should read 13.0.6142

Then log in both. Make a few changes in a topic, push them to the server and check again if this is continuing.

If you need to contact Support, use the Help > Submit Feedback from the browser window next to the mail icon in the upper right corner.
Rob Hollinger
MadCap Software
paintedturtle
Propeller Head

Re: Changes assigned to "unknown user"

Post by paintedturtle »

wclass wrote:I have been playing with Central and looking at the source repository and come across an issue (but it is not a major problem).
Was wondering why my changes have been assigned to the "unknown user" when I have logged in and are part of the team.
Another possible (though unlikely) cause: Have you set the User for Review in Flare? Go to File > Options > Review > User to set your user name and initials when you make changes.
~Sarah
Technical Writer using and experimenting with Flare version 12.0.5991.