Builds not working?

MaggieA4
Propeller Head

Builds not working?

Post by MaggieA4 »

I was on the Beta of Central which is now the trial version (which may explain this, who knows).

I'm attempting to sell Central to my boss for version control, but I cannot get a successful manual build to work from Central. I get the error "Project build information cannot be updated." I've played around with it a bit but haven't been able to get it to work. Any ideas? Tough to get my boss to pay for it if I can't even get it to work. :? Thanks!

I've had no trouble so far with binding, pushing, pulling, committing etc.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Builds not working?

Post by Nita Beck »

I don't have an answer, unfortunately. :( We're all pretty familiar with the limitations of a Flare trial installation (scrambled text in output), but I couldn't find any info on MadCap's website about the limitations of a Central trial installation.

Since you are trying to convince your management to purchase Central, I suggest you reach out to your MadCap sales rep to ask specifically about the limitations of the trial version. Explain what you're trying to demonstrate to your management.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Thubbard
MadCap Staff

Re: Builds not working?

Post by Thubbard »

For any issues being experienced on the Trail version of MadCap Central, please feel free to use the MadCap Support Portal to create a ticket with us so we can better help troubleshoot the behavior. The following link will redirect you to the Support Portal so that in future issues, you may contact MadCap Support directly when faced with a support request, feature suggestion, or bug report.

http://www.madcapsoftware.com/support/index.aspx

For the current behavior described, MadCap Support will be reaching out to you directly MaggieA4 in an email to help assist in correcting the seen behavior.