Deleting topics sent for review

DoritSapir
Propeller Head

Deleting topics sent for review

Post by DoritSapir »

When I first invited an SME to a project, I used the wrong email. I discovered this only after sending a topic.
I then deleted the user with the wrong email and reinvited the user with the correct email.
I now have two versions of the topic, one sent to the correct email and one sent to the wrong email.
How can I delete the "wrong" topic?
niglon
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Deleting topics sent for review

Post by niglon »

In Flare, in the Reviews pane set the filter to Sent and find the topic sent to the wrong user. On the top menu you can select the close option. This will cancel the review status for that topic, leaving the correct one open for review.
Steve_H
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Steve_H »

Hi niglon. I'm also interested in cleaning up/deleting old reviews, but can't see the close option you mention.

In the Madcap Central portal, I've navigated to Reviews and set the Sent filter. After selecting the topic to be removed/closed, I don't see a 'top menu' (in ascending order, I have only Pending Sent etc, All Projects, and Reviews headings displayed).

Maybe its important to note that I'm on a 30-day trial, where possibly not all features are available)
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Hi Steve. Welcome to the forums! :)

As was mentioned above, you need to close out reviews from within Flare, not from within Central. Follow the instructions given above for Flare. HTH

BTW, your being on the 30-day trial doesn't matter. MadCap gives one full functionality of a product while trialing it.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
MunchMan
Propeller Head

Post by MunchMan »

Hi Nita, I'm back in Flare after a few years away and now using Central. I set up my authors, selected my file, and shipped it off for review. I sent the wrong file and would like to cancel it, but my Sent Files window is empty, even though my topic says "has been sent". If I go to Inbox and pick All, I see files another writer sent, but not mine. Any thoughts on why I don't see what I sent? Many thanks.
central error.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

In your first screenshot you have things filtered on "My". Take a look at that filter and see what other options there are. (I don't have Flare open at the mo so I can't check.) That'll probably get you on your way.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
MunchMan
Propeller Head

Post by MunchMan »

Thx CM, the options were My or All, and neither worked. In the end, Flare support didn't know either, and after a couple reboots and restarts, it resolved itself. Would have loved a more definitive reason why, but at least its working now :-).