Numbering in lists is wrong in reviewer UI

zcarlson
Jr. Propeller Head

Numbering in lists is wrong in reviewer UI

Post by zcarlson »

I noticed that if I have an interrupted list (like, step 1 and then a regular paragraph and then step 2), the numbering is wrong in the cloud-based review interface. The numbers are correct in Flare and when I generate the output from either Flare or Central, but wrong in the review interface. It can be kind of confusing for reviewers when the lists start over all the time and the numbering is nonsensical. For now I just tell them to ignore it, but is there a fix? Does it have something to do with how I'm formatting the list when creating it, or is it just a bug in the Central's review UI or what?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Numbering in lists is wrong in reviewer UI

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome to the forums! ;)
zcarlson wrote:Does it have something to do with how I'm formatting the list when creating it...?
That is what I suspect is happening. Are you stopping the OL, adding a paragraph, then starting a new OL? That is not a best practice. Rather, you can have the paragraph be part of a list item directly.

This Flare Help topic explains the proper technique:

https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... -Items.htm

You might also find this recorded webinar all about lists in Flare useful. It's based on a MadWorld 2019 session I presented.

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/webinars ... -in-flare/
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
zcarlson
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Numbering in lists is wrong in reviewer UI

Post by zcarlson »

Nita Beck wrote: Are you stopping the OL, adding a paragraph, then starting a new OL? That is not a best practice. Rather, you can have the paragraph be part of a list item directly.
Yes! That is exactly what I was doing! Thank you for setting me right!