Building on Central when project is linked to another

r_gigante
Jr. Propeller Head

Building on Central when project is linked to another

Post by r_gigante »

Hi Community!

On Central I've two projects one en-US and one de-DE. The de-DE is the master and, using Flare, in the HTML5 target in the language pane I've added the en-US as second language. Because of both project having a Central ID I', provided with a message like the one below.
LinkedLanguage_MadCapCentral.png
Now If I build the de-DE project target locally with Flare, everything works nicely and my output shows the icon to switch languages. If I instead build the de-DE project from MadCap Central, the output doesn't show the language icon and I'm unable to select the other language.

What am I missing here? Can anybody help?

Best, Riccardo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RStreets
Propeller Head

Re: Building on Central when project is linked to another

Post by RStreets »

Hi Riccardo,

I don't have experience of linked translated projects or an answer to why it doesn't work when building on Central, but I do have a question. If you can build successfully in Flare, why not do that--i.e. build locally--and then publish from Flare to Central?

Regards,
Rae
Rae Streets (Flare user since 2017, now on Flare 2023; Central user from 2020)
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Building on Central when project is linked to another

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

You might need to ask Madcap for their take on this. If you have tech support coverage tehn drop them a line and see what they say, or if not, raise a bug (see my signature).
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx