Project Size in Central Doubling

shloter
Propeller Head

Project Size in Central Doubling

Post by shloter »

I am new to Central and am using it as both source control and for private output published. My company has been using Flare for 5 years with MS Team Foundation Server as our source control and publishing on private SharePoint site until the recent move to Central.

We have two projects and two authors- one is only ~50MB and the other is much larger ~1.3GB. We have noted several instances where the larger project is getting MUCH larger (as in twice the size) after pushing local commits to the central repository. Initially MadCap support had us delete the project from Central and just reupload but I can't keep doing that as the project is live now. I noticed the doubled size last week and it mysteriously corrected itself without anything being done to it but it has redoubled and now has increased in size again and is showing as 3.4GB in Central! HELP!

Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas what might be going on?

Stephanie
RStreets
Propeller Head

Re: Project Size in Central Doubling

Post by RStreets »

Hi there!

I have noticed odd behaviours in the storage and usage data. Other than keeping an eye on it, I'm not worrying as it's only hitting 1/10 of my current storage allowance.

But, one thing that occurred to me was, do you have multiple builds stored for your targets? If you build on Central (or publish often to Central), they do build (pardon the pun!) up--and I assume contribute to the space taken up by stored data.

Regards,
Rae
Rae Streets (Flare user since 2017, now on Flare 2023; Central user from 2020)