Popup video linked to an image

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
Corax
Jr. Propeller Head

Popup video linked to an image

Post by Corax »

Hi,

I just started using Mimic 7 and have a question. I have a Flare project and would like to include a couple of videos in the HTML5 output. I designed small icons, on which you would have to click and the video "pops up". However, if I build my video in Mimic to HTML5 output and then insert it in Flare, it just plays in my topic container next to the navigation pane.

The "What's new" video on http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/ ... rview.aspx is what I mean (well, sort of). What's the easiest way to achieve this look?

Thanks!
ThomasH
Propeller Head

Re: Popup video linked to an image

Post by ThomasH »

Right-Click the image and choose "Hyperlink Image"
Set the option "Target Frame" to Popup

That should do the trick - although I did not test it.
However if the video size is bigger than the popups size it will not display all content.

Maybe you can help me in return ;) - how did you include the HTML5 video output in your Flare project?
Corax
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Corax »

Hi,

That does the trick indeed:) Not sure what you mean with your question though. I selected the HTML5 output in Mimic, but I have yet to put everything online:)
ThomasH
Propeller Head

Post by ThomasH »

Nevermind, thank you.
MadCap added a patch to their knowledgebase - see the post from MadCapJose for more info...
http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... 25&t=16507

I guess that should help me with my problem ;)
ClaireDT
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by ClaireDT »

Hi

I'm using MadCap Flare 10.0 and I'm using the same process of hyperlinking an image to an MP4 file that is in the resources/multimedia file, with the target set to pop-up.

However, when I click on the image it opens a blank pop up window and then downloads the file.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome.

Can any one help?
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Post by kwag_myers »

ClaireDT wrote:Hi

I'm using MadCap Flare 10.0 and I'm using the same process of hyperlinking an image to an MP4 file that is in the resources/multimedia file, with the target set to pop-up.

However, when I click on the image it opens a blank pop up window and then downloads the file.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome.

Can any one help?
It seems to be a common issue with Chrome. If you Google, "Chrome MP4 display" you may find a hack that will work for you. But if you're like me and your hacking skills are limited, you may need to convert the MP4 to Flash.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard