Removing Search Bar Drop Down - HTML5 output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
dizzo
Propeller Head

Removing Search Bar Drop Down - HTML5 output

Post by dizzo »

I am customizing our HTML 5 skin for our online help, and I cannot figure out how to remove the menu from the search bar. Does anyone one know where to remove those menu items from in the Skin editor? The skin editor does not show the menu, but when I generate help, there is it. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Removing Search Bar Drop Down - HTML5 output

Post by NorthEast »

It appears because you've set a Search Filter on the target; see the target Advanced tab.
dizzo
Propeller Head

Post by dizzo »

Thank you - that was it! Cheers. :D
WriterAndrew
Propeller Head

Post by WriterAndrew »

I have the same question - how to remove the Search Filter dropdown from my brand-new, creating it straight from the MadCap TopNav templates project. When I look in the Target > Advanced > Search filters, the only option is

Code: Select all

, and the edit button is greyed out.
So, in a brand new project, how do I remove the Search Filter dropdown?
Thanks
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

If you created a project from the template, then it already contains a search filter file.

If your target is set to "(Default)" that means "use whatever search filter file you can find".
There isn't a "none" option in the target, so if a search filter exists, it'll get used.

To remove it, go to Project Organizer and delete the search filter file.
jcollins
Propeller Head

Post by jcollins »

I ran into a similar problem recently. I have a Search Filter set defined that I want to include in one HTML5 target from my project, but in another HTML5 target from the same project, I don't want to include any Search filters. I finally solved this by creating an empty Filter set and selecting that in my target, and creating a separate set of search bar skins/styles that exclude the filter. It seems like a kludgey solution, but it worked.