HTML5 output Presentation

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jbranigan
Propeller Head

HTML5 output Presentation

Post by jbranigan »

I've managed to get through the entire process of creating an web-based help file.
In my output folder, I have folders and about six files. Clicking of the appropriate file displays the help.
Is there another step to accessing the help. I mean, is there a more elegant way to let the user bring up the help file?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: HTML5 output Presentation

Post by Nita Beck »

There's no one-way-fits-all for launching a Help system.

If you're documenting a software or web-based application, then I assume that your s/w devs will provide a way for the user to request Help from the application. They could provide any number of different controls, from a simple "Help" link that launches the Help system at the opening/home topic (what I assume you refer to above as "the appropriate topic") to a Help button on each screen that would launch the Help system and present that screen's Help topic to a simple F1 control that launches the Help topic for the UI element that currently has focus.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
jbranigan
Propeller Head

Re: HTML5 output Presentation

Post by jbranigan »

Thanks for the reply.
One of the methods we want to use is to put the output files on a SharePoint server and let a user access the help anytime they want.

Since HTML5 generates several files, I was wondering if there was anything that I, as the help writer, could do to highlight the .htm file that the user needs to access.