Happy happy joy joy - MadCap Capture 7 is here!

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
sdcinvan
Propellus Maximus

Happy happy joy joy - MadCap Capture 7 is here!

Post by sdcinvan »

I am sooooo pleased with the new Capture 7. I think I might even be able to eliminate Snagit from my image editing workflow.

It isn't perfect but it is very nice to realize that MadCap is listening.

The new features of particular interest to me are:
- Batch Image Update and Replace (I hope this works the way I think it works)
- Multiple Crop Enhancements (yes!! Snagit may no longer be required)
The only part I don't like is that using the selection rectangle requires that you stay within the boundaries of the image. This makes it difficult to quickly and precisely select a whole portion of an image. In Snagit, if you want a whole section, you select outside the boundaries and Snagit automatically adjusts to the first pixels. Capture doesn't allow this.
Capture_v7-Selection rectangle.png
- Custom Mediums in Flare (I hope this works)
- Apply Object Properties to All Objects in the Workspace at Once
- Font Pinning and Grouping (nice BUT still lacks support for OTF fonts! This is quite disappointing!)
- Image PPI/Print DPI in Status Bar (handy!)
- Background Scale in 1/1000th Increments (I hope this corrects the scaling bug I reported)
- New Object Graphics added to the Capture Toolbar (some nice enhancements)

What I still want to see...
- OTF font support
- The ability to overlay (and not flatten) text bubbles and/or output as SVG or other vector format so that text bubbles do not become pixelated, when zooming in in published copy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shawn in Vancouver, Canada
Main tools used: Flare 11.x, InDesign, Google Docs, Lectora, Captivate.
Report bugs: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs.aspx ▪ Feature requests: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx[/i]
dorcutt
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Happy happy joy joy - MadCap Capture 7 is here!

Post by dorcutt »

Yes, I am eagerly looking forward to testing it out as well! I'm also disappointed about the lack of OTF fonts, though. I'm hoping that in general it will allow me to properly single-source images while actually maintaining good image quality.

SCD, maybe I'm being the dumb, but how did you manage to upgrade to the full version? I downloaded the trial version, but the wizard isn't accepting my Flare key, my Capture key, or my maintenance plan key.
-Dan, Propellerhead-in-training
sdcinvan
Propellus Maximus

Post by sdcinvan »

dorcutt wrote:Yes, I am eagerly looking forward to testing it out as well! I'm also disappointed about the lack of OTF fonts, though. I'm hoping that in general it will allow me to properly single-source images while actually maintaining good image quality.

SCD, maybe I'm being the dumb, but how did you manage to upgrade to the full version? I downloaded the trial version, but the wizard isn't accepting my Flare key, my Capture key, or my maintenance plan key.
You should have received an email (yesterday)... the first email introducing Capture 7 included your new license key.

Here is a screen cap of what you need to find... I never get to use Snagit's fun torn page effect in documentation. :)
MADCAP MAILER.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shawn in Vancouver, Canada
Main tools used: Flare 11.x, InDesign, Google Docs, Lectora, Captivate.
Report bugs: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs.aspx ▪ Feature requests: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx[/i]
dorcutt
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by dorcutt »

Thanks. I just got done with MadCap Support and they were able to help me. I forgot that they email the upgrades to a person in my company's IT department first, and she was on vacation so she didn't forward it along.

The torn page effect is a rather dramatic effect, yes. Thanks for the assist!
-Dan, Propellerhead-in-training