Navigation Plane Goes Black

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
erinep23
Sr. Propeller Head

Navigation Plane Goes Black

Post by erinep23 »

So when I minimize my HTML5 output, my navigation window turns black and goes weird. How can I change it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Navigation Plane Goes Black

Post by Nita Beck »

It's happening because you've got responsive output enabled in the target. When you make the browser window smaller, it's going past the breakpoint (a specific width in pixels) that then flips to the "tablet view". If you make the browser window even smaller, it'll eventually go past the breakpoint for "mobile (as in smartphone) view."

You have two choices here:
1. Edit the skin, and define the styling not only for the "web" medium, but also for "tablet" and "mobile". For example, you can change all the black elements to whatever other color you want.
2. Turn off the responsiveness so that, no matter how small the browser window might get, it'll always show the skin with its "web" design. To turn off responsiveness, edit the target file and (I *think*; I'm going on memory), look for the check box that says something like "Enable responsive" or "Responsive skin" and clear that check box.

I hope I've pointed you in the right direction.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
erinep23
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Navigation Plane Goes Black

Post by erinep23 »

Awesome advice. Thank you so much.