Selecting a Search Filter populates the search bar

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Selecting a Search Filter populates the search bar

Post by Ineffable »

I'm testing out the new Top-Nav HTML 5 skin. I have a robust search filter set from my current WebHelp Plus skin. When I select an item from the Search Filter, it populates the search field with that item. When I click in the field, the word 'Search..." and whatever search filter item was in there disappears; if I delete the search query, the word "Search..." and the search filter item reappear.

I was hoping that the behavior would be that the selected search filter item would replace the search filter graphic in the search filter dropdown. As it stands, it's rather confusing.

Is this a bug or a feature?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Selecting a Search Filter populates the search bar

Post by NorthEast »

Yes, in the HTML5 top nav skin (and the search skin component), the placeholder text in the search box will say "Search <filter name>".
Try it here: http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare11/Default.htm

Whereas the HTML5 tripane skin will show the selected filter as the title of the filter dropdown.
Try it here: http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare10/Default.htm
mhd
Propeller Head

Post by mhd »

Would there be a technical reason, with top-navigation skin, that prevents the selected filter to be the title of the filter dropdown, like in tripane outputs?
Does someone know why this has this been designed like that with top-nav?
Maybe the width of the selected filter is too large for mobile devices, and there's no place left for the input itself? So a graphic is more convenient?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

mhd wrote:Would there be a technical reason, with top-navigation skin, that prevents the selected filter to be the title of the filter dropdown, like in tripane outputs?
Does someone know why this has this been designed like that with top-nav?
Maybe the width of the selected filter is too large for mobile devices, and there's no place left for the input itself? So a graphic is more convenient?
Only MadCap can answer those questions, but I'd suggest submitting a feature request.
HCloward
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by HCloward »

Has anyone figured out how to alter the HTML5 Top Nav Search Filter to act like the HTML5 Tripane did?