SOS_Help with generating word output!

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
AnjanaDevarakonda
Propeller Head

SOS_Help with generating word output!

Post by AnjanaDevarakonda »

Hi,

This is a desperate call for help as i have to deliver a set of word docs in two days . All was well till now cos i was sharing PDF output with my clients. But now they want word outputs and Flare, honestly is a pain when it comes to generating word outputs.

I have a list of issues here.

1) My heading style (h1,h2,h3) use autonumbering. example, 1 Introduction, 1.1 overview, 2 Getting started, 2.2 bla bla and so on. It appears perfectly the way i want in the PDF, but the numbering completely disappears in the Word output. Attaching a screenshot for reference.
HeadingStyles_Nonumbering.png
2) Numbered and bulleted lists are not intended properly in the word output. Please see the screenshot
NumberedandBulletedList.png
Can you please help me or direct me to a blog or link that can help me?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AnjanaDevarakonda on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lydia
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: SOS_Help with generation word output!

Post by Lydia »

Hi, do you use the same medium for both the PDF and the Word target?
Using Flare 10.2 and Flare 11 on Win 7
AnjanaDevarakonda
Propeller Head

Hi Lydia,

Yes, I do. I use print medium for both word and PDF outputs.

while i was working on generating word output with the right layout and styles, I made a copy of the existing stylesheet and pagelayout and made some tweaks to have finer a word output. What inturn Flare does is generate blank PDFs for me!

First, it shows up the error " Missing linked stylesheet file:///C:/Users/ad185219/workspace/project4/projects4.2/Content/Stylesheets/NCRStyles.css"

Then generates a completely blank PDF. Do you the possible reason for flare to generate blank PDFs?? I've read that flare messes up projects sometimes when you rename or move things around. Can i raise a support ticket for such a bug?

Also the heading 1 Style for some strange reason gets out of the page margin.
Heading1GoesoutoftheMargin.png
Please help me out!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

If you check the file path for the missing stylesheet can you see NCRStyles.css?
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Lydia
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Lydia »

Hi, I haven't experienced the missing linked stylesheet error myself. I sometimes make copies of stylesheets to try out changes. It never went wrong in this way.
As for your bug reporting question - if you have a maintenance contranct, I would contact support, so they can guide you through some troubleshooting and find out whether this is a bug.
Would it make sense to put the original stylesheet and page layout back to see if that still works, so at least you don't get blank output?
Using Flare 10.2 and Flare 11 on Win 7
AnjanaDevarakonda
Propeller Head

Hi Steve and Lydia,

Yes i agree, i've copied pagelayouts and stylesheets and moved things around myself sometime back. Never had any trouble. Wonder why now!
I've raised a support ticket and will be sharing my source files with the support team to fingure out the issue.
Thank you so much for your time.

Cheers,
Anjana