Must eliminate blank pages

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Must eliminate blank pages

Post by ccardimon »

I was just asked for a special edition of a user guide, but WITHOUT blank pages. What do I need to do to eliminate blank pages from PDF output?
Craig

Lost in Disturbia
kkelleher
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Must eliminate blank pages

Post by kkelleher »

Assuming the blank pages you mean are the ones that appear at the end of a chapter in a PDF, then you want to edit your ToC book entries. On the Printed Output tab of the ToC entry's properties, in the Chapter/Page Layout Break section, select Enabled from the the Auto-end on 'left' page field. And assuming you still need a PDF that includes the blank pages, you'll probably want to make a new target.

Thanks,

Kristen
Kristen Kelleher
Director of Tech Pubs, TIBCO Jaspersoft
Lydia
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Lydia »

Hi Craig,
the option that Kristen mentions has been superseded. It used to be 'Auto-end on left page' within the properties of a TOC entry. Now this is set in the target on the Advanced tab, under "Empty page handling".
Both approaches still work, but the newer should be used. So, it depends on how you've implemented that.
If you need a quick fix - you could try what happens if remove the empty pages from your page layouts. I'm not sure if that could mess up things,so be sure to have a backup. (as always).

kind regards, Lydia.
Using Flare 10.2 and Flare 11 on Win 7
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Post by ccardimon »

Thanks for the replies! Much needed and appreciated.
Craig

Lost in Disturbia