Trouble getting conditional output to work with template

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
likeller
Propeller Head

Trouble getting conditional output to work with template

Post by likeller »

Hello, brand new Flare user here.

I started a new project with the template "user guide advanced". It automatically populated with various folders and files. I added a new folder to the project and a few new files to it. The styling was automatically according to the master stylesheet, so that was fine. I then did a test build (primary target already set to pdf), and only the original template content was generated but not any of my new files.

I checked the conditional tags and even made new ones in order to exclude all the sample files (except the resources folder) and include only my own but nothing has worked. I just get the following error

Build failed: No content was generated. The master TOC is either empty, does not contain links to valid topics, or all content has been conditionalized out.

I tried creating a new target and setting the output conditions again to include/exclude the content i wanted but still it is not working.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Trouble getting conditional output to work with template

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome, newbie! Glad to see you here. :)

You say that you added a folder and some topics, but it sounds like you did not put those new topics on the TOC. You also conditioned out the topics that came with the template, and those topics are on the TOC. Because you conditioned those topics out and did not add your new topics to the TOC, Flare "thinks" that the TOC is empty and so doesn't have any topics to build output from.

You need either to add your new topics to that TOC or to create a new TOC, add them there, and then be sure to associate that new TOC with the target you are trying to build.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
likeller
Propeller Head

Post by likeller »

Thank you! Editing the TOC seems to work, but only for the pdf output (primary target).

How do i check which TOC is associated with the new html5 target i created? That format is still including the samples files and not my files.

Thanks.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Open your HTML5 target in the Target Editor. On the General tab, there's a field for the "master" TOC that is associated with that target.

You can read more here: http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare ... Target.htm
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!