What is intended by conditioning files in content view?

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Rene Severens
Sr. Propeller Head

What is intended by conditioning files in content view?

Post by Rene Severens »

Hi,

I am experimenting to create a page layout that contains images which should be conditioned for several targets, but that seems not possible.
In doing so, I noticed there can be selected files in the content view, right-clicked and opened a properties dialog.
In this properties dialog the option conditional text offers options to exclude ...?... from target.

Question: what is excluded from the target? Whatever is selected it never is excluded in the output (pdf); I am wondering what is intended by conditioning files in the content view?

Greetings,
Rene Severens
"The numbers are strange today; they somehow do not seem to add up."
Rene Severens
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: What is intended by conditioning files in content view?

Post by Rene Severens »

Hi,

OK, forget I asked this question. It is working as intended, but I had to restart Flare once to get it working.
So when excluded an image stored in the content view as part of a page layout this image is not used in the page layout for that target.

Greetings,
Rene Severens
"The numbers are strange today; they somehow do not seem to add up."
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: What is intended by conditioning files in content view?

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Conditions are rather confusing. If you set a condition on a file in Content Explorer, that condition applies to the file wherever it is used.
If you apply a condition to a topic in a TOC, that condition applies to the file only when that particular TOC is used.

For example, if you have a condition "screen only" and apply it to a file in a TOC, then build a target with "screen only" condition excluded, that topic does not appear. However, if you build a target with "screen only" condition excluded but use a different TOC where that condition wasn't applied, the topic appears.
If you apply the condition to the file in the Content Explorer, it doesn't matter which TOC you use, the topic won't appear.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx