Cannot center search bar on Home page of Top Nav output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Michael Cohen
Propeller Head

Cannot center search bar on Home page of Top Nav output

Post by Michael Cohen »

Okay, so here's my problem:

I'm using the top nav HTML 5 output and I'm trying to center the search bar under my title on the home page (my title is centered and appears perfectly in web, tablet and mobile ouptuts), similar to how it appears in the Flare online help home page. No matter what I do, the output displays it flush left. Mobile output is perfect, but web and tablet outputs are not; the search bar always appears flush left. I've tried editing the style for the homesearchbar itself, the home search bar skin (which has no alignment facility for the search bar) and my home page code itself. Do I need to throw a div tag around the search bar proxy in my home page code?

What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MC
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Re: Cannot center search bar on Home page of Top Nav output

Post by kwag_myers »

Michael Cohen wrote:Do I need to throw a div tag around the search bar proxy in my home page code?
That's what I did with mine:

Code: Select all

<body>
        <div class="searchBg" style="text-align: center;">
            <h6>Title</h6>
            <MadCap:searchBarProxy data-mc-skin="/Project/Skins/AVOC_search_skin.flskn" />
            <p class="home"><b>Popular topics:</b> <a href="gettingStarted.htm" class="home">Getting Started</a>, <a href="new.htm" class="home">Building a New Something</a>, <a href="publishing.htm" class="home">Publishing</a></p>
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard