Creating multiple target output from one project

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Christina_E
Jr. Propeller Head

Creating multiple target output from one project

Post by Christina_E »

Hi,
I'm a relatively new Flare user, a lone writer in a fast-paced, high tech start-up. To date, I've been migrating content from Word, and producing PDF documentation in Flare with great results. I'm heavy into single sourcing content and will soon be creating various 'flavors' of the documents using conditions. I also use a cloud-based repository for file management and version control.
My company has now decided that they want to deliver client-facing documentation in *both* PDF and HTML5 formats. When I simply created a new HTML5 target in the original project and generated the output, my custom styles did not persist in the resulting HTML5 output -- the paragraph spacing was all off, as was the spacing (both vertical and horizontal) of my bullets and numbering.
For those who create multiple outputs using one single-sourced project, how do you it (and maintain all the formatting so that the content is consistently presented)?
Thanks,
Christina
devans
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Creating multiple target output from one project

Post by devans »

Hi Christina,

There are separate stylesheets for print styles and online styles. If you open a topic, at the top of the screen there are buttons for Web/Print Layout and for Medium - Print or Non-Print. You can use the same styles for both print and HTML5 output but you need to format them differently for each medium. If you open the master stylesheet, select the medium you are formatting for.
Christina_E
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Creating multiple target output from one project

Post by Christina_E »

Thank you! I'll give that a go.