Converting XML to DOCX / Templates

sepp
Propeller Head

Converting XML to DOCX / Templates

Post by sepp »

Hi Guys

I have a serious Problem.

My D2H Poject was created with the 2014 version.
How can I convert my XML files to DOCX files.

Another Question:
How can i edit the templates for my manual output?
Some of my pictures are too big for the document, so they will be cut off at the right border.

Best regards
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Converting XML to DOCX / Templates

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

2014V2 is the last D2H version which allows you to edit xml files with the integrated editor. Starting with Version 3 MadCap has dropped support for xml files in D2H. Let us know, please, why you want to convert xml files into word documents. You might loose some gimmicks, i.e. Widgets.
Unfortunalety there is no simple way in D2H to convert xml sources into word sources. (The opposite direction is supported in order to turn D2H users into Flare users.)
If you want to continue your documentation work with D2H and want to change context that is stored in xml files I suggest to create a manual resp. a set of manuals with D2H.
It depends upon you how many different "manuals" you create. I would suggest to create a manual target for each book on level 1.
Mark all those source documents that are not supposed to become "manual" content with an attribute (temporarily).
Or, create just one big document and cut is down into handy parts.

Be sure that you need to attach an appropriate template before you use "manuals" created by this method as new source documents.

Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)