can't get transparent image in flare topic

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

can't get transparent image in flare topic

Post by cayennep »

It's showing up as black - transparent in snagit and other image editors, but whether I copy and paste it or put it in the project and drag it, it's black in the editor.

Haven't tried publishing as i got one that works but am I missing something?
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: can't get transparent image in flare topic

Post by doc_guy »

I've had trouble pasting transparent images in various programs.

Better to save the image (save it in your project/content/resources/images directory), and then insert the image into Flare.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Don't know if this is still an issue, but it used to be that if you had enabled the option to create a copy of any resized images then that copy was either in a different file format and/or lost transparency information. (If it saved as JPG it would definitely lose transparency info.) I never used that feature because I always designed my images to fit the medium, so I can't remember exactly what happened, but check to see if you have that option enabled.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ajturnersurrey »

This thread didn't quite answer the question, but was enough of a memory jogger for me to bring to mind what I've had to do in the past, so I will add it here for anyone searching in the future.

In the target, turn off "downsample images above:" AND set compression to "Automatic" (not "JPEG") - this has an effect despite the whole option being turned off, don't ask me why.

Now your image transparency is respected...