Navigation Slide Out Button image missing in mobile

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Bahbert
Propeller Head

Navigation Slide Out Button image missing in mobile

Post by Bahbert »

Flare 10
HTML5 Skin/target

After spending some time customizing the default HTML5 skin in Flare for a new project, I noticed that the default icon for the Navigation Slide Out Button is missing when viewing page in Mobile sizes but not in Tablet sizes. Example:

The Image fields for the icon in both mediums is set to "default." If I add another default skin to the project the icon works just fine there in both mobile and tablet size (again, with the default image icon selected).

Can anyone lend insight into what's going on here?
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Navigation Slide Out Button image missing in mobile

Post by BedfordWriter »

If you view the source code, is Menu.png present? If so, could be a color or other formatting problem.
Bahbert
Propeller Head

Post by Bahbert »

There's no menu.png listed when I view the site's source. But would it be there, or defined in a style sheet somewhere? The source isn't going to change when I resize the page and the image shows up when I'm viewing it at tablet sizes.
Bahbert
Propeller Head

Post by Bahbert »

More info: I found the Mobile.css and Tablet.css style sheets in the output files under Skins\<Target Name>\Skins\<Skin Name>\Stylesheets. I located the .menu-icon a span entry in both and realized that Tablet.css shows one thing while Mobile.css shows another.

Tablet:
background: transparent url('Images/ResponsiveMenuButton.png') no-repeat center center;
Mobile:
background: transparent;

Clearly, the lack of the URL in the mobile style sheet is what is causing the problem. But how do I reset this in Flare's skin style editor? I've tried changing the Image field to something else and then back to default, but it doesn't correct the issue.
SoleWriter
Propeller Head

Post by SoleWriter »

Hello,

I have encountered the same issue. As you found, I can fix it externally in the mobile stylesheet, but this is not respected when I republish the Help. Did you figure out how to make the change in the Flare skin editor?

I'd be grateful to know if / how you got to the bottom of this one!

Thanks,
Emma
Bahbert
Propeller Head

Post by Bahbert »

I never did find a solution to this. It hasn't been a major issue so I've ignored it until now, but I'm considering starting over with a new HTML5 skin to see if that fixes the problem.