MadCap Support Submission Issues?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
EricAginity
Propeller Head

MadCap Support Submission Issues?

Post by EricAginity »

In the past, when I've submitted a support issue to MadCap, I have always received an autoresponse via email within a few minutes that support has received my issue. It usually takes a business day to get an actual response from a MadCap representative, but they are always courteous and prompt. However, I submitted a ticket to them last week without an acknowledgement and have yet to receive any word back from them. I resubmitted today in case something just glitched, but there was no autoresponse again. Has anyone else seen this recently?

I'm only posting here because I don't know how to contact them otherwise to let them know there may be an issue. If I had received the autoresponse, I'd just be sitting tight and figuring they were busy pre-MadWorld and post Flare 12 release...
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: MadCap Support Submission Issues?

Post by RamonS »

First thought that comes to mind is spam filter...any chance that the autorespone or even the response itself got filtered out? I assume you submitted the request through the web form?
If you do not hear back drop a line and I can see if I can get the attention of the support manager, can't make any promises.
whunter
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by whunter »

FWIW, I just submitted a bug and got the auto-response email immediately. Probably need to check the spam filter.
EricAginity
Propeller Head

Post by EricAginity »

Well, I'm embarrassed. I didn't even consider the spam filter - I have an updated version of Office from my previous one, and I guess the spam filter is being a tad bit aggressive when it comes to MadCap stuff (looks like Matt Paskow's marketing stuff is ending up there too!). I've received a response back from MadCap from my first email. Thanks everyone for pointing out the problem (or at least the problem that isn't between my keyboard and chair). :)

-Eric
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

EricAginity wrote: (or at least the problem that isn't between my keyboard and chair). :)
That would have been my next guess....just kidding! :lol: Good that you figured it out. Outlook can be shifty at times, so let's blame Microsoft. :wink: