Rulers and Line Length

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
bianca_writer
Propeller Head

Rulers and Line Length

Post by bianca_writer »

Is there a way to show rulers in Capture? Also, is there a way to set the length for a line in Capture?

I'm just trying to create a line that's a certain length, and I'm surprised that there's no easy way to measure/set that length.

I'm used to working with InDesign and Illustrator, so I'm missing the features that come with those robust tools!
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Rulers and Line Length

Post by BedfordWriter »

So far as I can see, the answers are no and no as you've already guessed. But, there are two tools that are kind-of, sort-of close to what you want.
1) You can turn on the grid and set the spacing.
2) When you select an object, numbers at the bottom left of the window will tell you the x,y coordinates of the base point and the size. In the case of a line its the x,y of each endpoint. Those are measured in pixels, so you'll have to convert according to the image resolution (usually 96 dpi).

I find it funny that I can open the properties of a line and set the length of the arrow & tail, but not the line itself.
bianca_writer
Propeller Head

Re: Rulers and Line Length

Post by bianca_writer »

Thanks for the tips! Also, I submitted a feature request to MadCap to add rulers and the ability to set line length.