PDF index entries are boxed

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
djohnson
Propeller Head

PDF index entries are boxed

Post by djohnson »

Often when I generate PDF output, my index ends up with boxed entries (see image).
boxed_index_entries.png
In addition, the section label ("D" in the example) should be bold.

When I rebuild, the index looks correct. (It sometimes takes more than one rebuild.)

I am convinced this is due to the speed of my system. Even though I am running this in a VM on a Mac, the system has a 4GHz quad-core i7 w/32GB RAM and SSD, with two cores and 8GB devoted to the VM.

Typically when I build a PDF, that is the only thing I am doing in the Windows VM.

(My earlier build system with a 2.3GHz quad-core i7 and spinning HD, two cores and 4GB RAM for the VM, did not have this problem.)

Has anyone else with a high-powered system seen this behavior?

I hesitate to enter a bug against it if nobody else has seen it or if it is somehow related to my out-of-the-ordinary build system. (Besides, what a problem to have..."my system is too fast! Waaaaah!")
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don Johnson
Flare 2020r3, Windows 10 in a Parallels VM on a 16" MacBook Pro [as of March 2021]