Link Profile to Flare Project (for Conditions)

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
bianca_writer
Propeller Head

Link Profile to Flare Project (for Conditions)

Post by bianca_writer »

I am setting up my first profile in Capture 7. I would like the profile to include all of the condition tags that I'm using in my Flare project. Is there a way to link the profile to a Flare project? I know that I can link an image to a project, so it seems like you should be able to do the same for a profile.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bianca_writer
Propeller Head

Re: Link Profile to Flare Project (for Conditions)

Post by bianca_writer »

Bumping this post; any ideas about how to link conditional text to a profile?
Lori J
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lori J »

I would also like to be able to link a profile to a Flare project so I can set properties for my custom mediums. Anyone know how to link profiles to projects or is it not possible to do that?

~ Lori
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Lori J wrote:I would also like to be able to link a profile to a Flare project so I can set properties for my custom mediums. Anyone know how to link profiles to projects or is it not possible to do that?
I've actually stored a Capture profile right *in* a Flare project (which I have in source control, thereby making the same Capture profile available to all the authors who maintain the Flare project). A Capture profile file is just that -- a file -- and Flare's open architecture doesn't complain about its being present in the project.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Lori J
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lori J »

Thanks Nina, but I'm not I understand what you mean by "stored a Capture profile right *in* a Flare project". Do you mean save the profile in the Flare project folder?

~ Lori
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

(It's Nita, BTW ;) )

I created a Profiles folder in Content\Resources and stuck the Capture profile file there. I wanted it within the Content folder so that when I zipped the project from within Flare, the Capture profile file would be zipped up with everything else.

I suppose you could also store it in the root folder of the Flare project (so at the same level as the .flprj file). But I'm not sure it would be included in an .flprjzip file that way. I'd have to test that out...
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Lori J
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lori J »

Hi Nita (so sorry for misspelling your name in my last reply!),

I saved my profile in my Flare project as you suggest, but that doesn't seem to help. When I open the profile in Capture, it still doesn't show my custom medium in the Format options.

~ Lori