Word output created on VM do not display images on Mac

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

Word output created on VM do not display images on Mac

Post by cayennep »

Haven't tested extensively, and don't think this was broken before, but any Word docs created by Flare on Parallels do not have the images when opened in Word on Mac.

Any word docs I create need to be used on Mac, so this is a showstopper for Word output - which I rarely use but now won't work at all.

Any others finding this? Using Parallels, Windoze 7
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Word output created on VM do not display images on Mac

Post by SteveS »

Is it Word's security features kicking in?

Most Microsoft products have this annoying feature of not trusting documents from other locations and will disable images. It can be changed in Word's security/ trust settings, but is an application by application process.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

Just guessing:
Have you embedded the images in the output? Maybe links don't work the same way in the Mac version.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cayennep »

Sorry, yes I switched that on in the Flare target, and there's no folder with the images.

It opens fine on windoze side, even from a different location than the output folder.

Other Word docs passed around the network seem to be fine, but most users are on Macs. Bit tough to test properly, but seems even microsoft would not make such a big mistake as to not allow docs to be passed from windows to mac. At least I'd hope, and at least not in current software.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Have you tried saving it again in Word on Windoze? It is just a guess, but I have seen that it can magically fix things that should not have been broken in the first place.