Error with checking files in

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
nnurrell1987
Jr. Propeller Head

Error with checking files in

Post by nnurrell1987 »

For some reason I am unable to check any new content into VSTS. This includes topics, screen shots, etc. However, I can edit and check in previously made content. Below is the error I'm receiving. Any suggestions on how to get around this? We've re-installed Flare and VSTS and disconnected and reconnected VSTS.

The array must contain at least one element.
Parameter name: changes: at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Common.TFCommonUtil.CheckArrayForNullOrEmpty(Object[] array, String arrayName)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Workspace.EvaluateCheckin2(CheckinEvaluationOptions options, IEnumerable`1 allChanges, IEnumerable`1 changes, String comment, CheckinNote checkinNote, WorkItemCheckinInfo[] workItemChanges)
at B3.SourceSafeKit.TeamFoundationServerProvider.EvaluateCheckin(IList`1 items)
Adding: Content/Topics/Automation/PipelineHistory.htm
Source Control: AddFile: Unable to add files to Team Foundation Server.

The source control operation finished with warnings and/or errors. Press Close when you are done reviewing the messages.
roboHAL
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Error with checking files in

Post by roboHAL »

nnurrell1987, I've encountered this error message too. Here are a few things to try (no particular order). Any one of these might work. I assume you are using Flare V12. :mrgreen:

1) The Options dialog Source Control tab has an option to "Enforce TFS comment policy". You want to de-select this option.
2) Ignore the warning (i.e. consider it somewhat erroneous). The file should be added despite the message, and you can check that via the source control explorer.
3) Instead of using the Source Control menu to check in all, use the pending list, right mouse click the individual file and choose to add.
4) Use Flare 11 only for purposes of getting everything checked in, then go to 12.
5) Using TFS, remap the project to a different local location.
6) Ensure that your output folder is a different folder than the project folder. (i.e. do not build the output to a subfolder under the project folder).
berniexmeyer
Propeller Head

Post by berniexmeyer »

I am having this error in Flare 2016-r2.
I found that the "Enforce TFS comment policy" checkbox was already unchecked.

After doing an Add operation from the Pending Changes window, I looked at he fileset in source control via Source Control Explorer, and the file had NOT been added, so in my case anyway, the error message is NOT bogus.

Does anyone familiar with Flare 2016-r2 have any further insight into how to deal with this problem? It's driving me nuts! (Flare technical people and Certified Experts are invited to reply.)
jenj
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by jenj »

Anyone figured this out?

I've been using MadCap Flare with TFS successfully for years but I recently had to rename my PC.

I can view/edit the files in MadCap flare but get the following when it tries to add a new file:

Code: Select all

The array must contain at least one element.
Parameter name: changes:   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Common.TFCommonUtil.CheckArrayForNullOrEmpty(Object[] array, String arrayName)
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Workspace.EvaluateCheckin2(CheckinEvaluationOptions options, IEnumerable`1 allChanges, IEnumerable`1 changes, String comment, CheckinNote checkinNote, WorkItemCheckinInfo[] workItemChanges)
   at B3.SourceSafeKit.TeamFoundationServerProvider.EvaluateCheckin(IList`1 items)
Adding: Content/Activities/Copy.htm
Source Control: AddFile: Unable to add files to Team Foundation Server.
I can add the same file outside MadCap Flare using Visual Studio without any issues.

I am also unable to bind new projects :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Wendy_Pod
Propeller Head

Post by Wendy_Pod »

Hey jenj,

In case you haven't already figured this one out, TFS works best when the workspace mapping has the same name as your computer. If your computer name has changed, consider editing (or deleting and recreating) your workspace mapping in Visual Studio to ensure it is using the current computer name.

HTH!
workspace.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.