Creating a DIV

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Andy001
Propeller Head

Creating a DIV

Post by Andy001 »

Ok. I've been using Flare since 1.0 on a 10 year old document so this is a bit embarrassing to be asking.

How do you create a <div></div> with OUT going into text editor? Just using the Flare GUI XML editor?
Well I used to be disgusted; Now I try to be amused! - Elvis Costello
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Creating a DIV

Post by Nita Beck »

No worries. You're in good hands here.

Select the stuff you want to put into a div. Then, on the Home ribbon, in the Paragraph group, click the right-most button (called Group). That'll open a dialog asking what kind of group you want. Select div or, if you've got specific div styles (e.g., I've got one called div.ExtendedNote), select the one you want.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Andy001
Propeller Head

Post by Andy001 »

Thanks. That answers 1/2 my question.

How about creating a div within a li (yes, a div within an li)? This div will contain several paras and graphics.

I have 1000 of these in my existing document already. They were created ages ago, most editing is currently done in text, but I need to create a new group and wanted to use the GUI.
Well I used to be disgusted; Now I try to be amused! - Elvis Costello
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Andy001 wrote:How about creating a div within a li (yes, a div within an li)? This div will contain several paras and graphics.
First you have to create a paragraph block within the li. Put your cursor anywhere in the li and press Ctrl+; to add a paragraph block. Then, with that paragraph block selected, click the Group button and tell Flare what kind of div you want to add, and go.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
ecjoe
Propeller Head

Post by ecjoe »

Nita's solution works great. If you are like me, you might prefer to use keyboard shortcuts to speed things up a bit. In which case, you can press CTRL+SHIFT+H and then type "DIV" or "DIV.StyleName" to quickly apply that style. If you are trying to add it to a list, then you will first need to follow Nita's instructions to add a paragraph block.
Joe
(Flare 2017 r2 - Windows 7 64)