Warnings, Ignored Warnings, and Errors

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Warnings, Ignored Warnings, and Errors

Post by ccardimon »

In the Build window, why do we have "Warnings" and "Ignored Warnings," but only one "Errors" -- ?
Craig

Lost in Disturbia
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Warnings, Ignored Warnings, and Errors

Post by SteveS »

I'm guessing an error, any error, is terminal and will stop the build.

Warnings can affect the build, but aren't terminal. I'm wondering if ignored warnings are warnings from a previous build?
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Paulie
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Paulie »

Ignored warnings are warnings that you (or Flare by default for some warnings) have indicated that you do not want to be notified about.

These are defined at a global level from the Build tab of the Options window. You can override the settings from the Warnings tab for individual Flare targets if you want a specific target to have different settings for some reason.

If you open the build log, ignored warnings will not show in the Warnings tab or the log file itself.
"In an ideal world, software should be simple, well designed, and completely intuitive to end users. In the real world, good documentation is king."
kkelleher
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by kkelleher »

You can configure whether Flare displays certain warnings in the build log; it's under File > Options > Build:
build-warnings-UI.png
If you clear the check box next to a warning, that warning won't appear in your log when you build the target, even if Flare encounters the problem. The log lists the number of ignored warnings:
Ignored Compiler Warnings: 1001

Thanks,

Kristen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kristen Kelleher
Director of Tech Pubs, TIBCO Jaspersoft
s909
Propeller Head

Post by s909 »

Is there a way to view the ignored warnings in the log? Seems I cannot find it.
bianca_writer
Propeller Head

Post by bianca_writer »

Thanks for the tip, Kristen! I was wondering what was going on...!
danidelcar
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by danidelcar »

Hi there!

Has any of you encountered an issue with this warnings and jenkins?

Thanks!

Dani
Zauberlehrling
Propeller Head

Post by Zauberlehrling »

I know Warnings and Ignored Warnings can be ignored, but the number of Ignored Warnings are counting up and I can't find the reason for that. I would say about me to know how to program HTML, but apparently there is something wrong.
Is there any way I could find out what causes these Ignored Warnings and correct the code to remove them?
Thank you in advance.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Zauberlehrling wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:59 am I know Warnings and Ignored Warnings can be ignored, but the number of Ignored Warnings are counting up and I can't find the reason for that. I would say about me to know how to program HTML, but apparently there is something wrong.
Is there any way I could find out what causes these Ignored Warnings and correct the code to remove them?
Thank you in advance.
As mentioned by kkelleher in this thread, you need to go to File > Options > Build, and look at the warnings that are NOT set to Display - as these are your ignored warnings.
If you select all the warnings there, they'll not be ignored any more, and you'll see them listed in the Warnings tab of the build log when you next build your target.

I *think* the Accessibility and Web Accessibility warnings are switched off by default, so typically these might be your ignored warnings.
Zauberlehrling
Propeller Head

Post by Zauberlehrling »

Thank you, I will do what you recommend and see what the ignored warning warning me about and if I can correct the code so they are not showing up anymore.