Images not appearing in PDF

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
kcann
Propeller Head

Images not appearing in PDF

Post by kcann »

Help!

I can see the images in the Flare project, and they always worked before, but now they suddenly do not appear in my PDF output. This is for images within a sub-folder within the 'Images' folder.

Thanks!
K
kcann
Propeller Head

Re: Images not appearing in PDF

Post by kcann »

It seems that when I open a topic file, then change the name of the image sub-folder and update the links, the PDF picks up the image correctly, but only in the open topic file.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Post by doc_guy »

This sounds strange. Are you getting any build errors when you build the PDF target? Can you run a report to see if you have broken links in your project?

Do you have a support contract with MadCap? This might be a good candidate for contacting Support.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Had you at any time moved the images into the sub-folder you mention? When you did so, did Flare prompt you to update links? If you did, but Flare did not prompt you (which happens sometimes), you might now have a bunch of broken links. As Paul suggested, do you get any build errors? Or if you use View > Project Analysis > Broken Links, do you get a list of broken links? It could be that you just need to modify the code of all the topics to add in or take out an instance of "../" in the links to the source images. You could use Flare's Find-and-Replace to fix these errors *in the code*. (CAUTION: Always make a backup of your project before making changes like this in code.)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
kcann
Propeller Head

Post by kcann »

Thank you everyone!

As always, I didn't keep track of what exactly started this problem (as I didn't expect to see any problems). The best I can figure out today is that 1) the XML editor didn't show the images as missing links (today it does), and 2) the 'update links' functionality wasn't working quite right (today it is).

The only difference between yesterday and today is that I installed the latest version of Java 8.

Hope no one else has this problem.

Thanks again,
K