Build failed: stack empty on publishing to Word

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
jjw
Sr. Propeller Head

Build failed: stack empty on publishing to Word

Post by jjw »

I'm getting this error with some (not all) print documents using Flare 12 and 2017 (and Office 365). Can anyone suggest what sorts of issues might cause this?
fmonjean
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Build failed: stack empty on publishing to Word

Post by fmonjean »

I meet the same issue, with Madcap Flare 12.0.5991.25330
Lucia9
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lucia9 »

I'm getting the same issue with MadCap Flare 14.0.6738.27462. It's only with Word outputs and nothing I do seems to help. Previously, if I saved the Target properties for my Word output several times in a row, it generated the output alright. Now, not even this helps. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?
Lucia9
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lucia9 »

I may have found a work around to this problem. I noticed that the build fails right after the first topic. I tried adding an empty paragraph <p> at the very top of the first topic in my TOC (be it the title page or any other content).
I also made a few changes (removing tables, deleting the \Output and \Analyzer folders) as suggested here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3168

It worked fine on a trial project (a short document of 5 topics) to see if it works. I then replicated the steps on a much larger document (a user manual with tables) and it seems to work.
Hope this helps anyone still struggling.

If anyone has more information to share, please update. This has been a huge pain over a much too long period of time.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

No fix for your problem, but you might want to report it as a bug. See my footer for a bug reporting link.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx