HTML5 tripane skin - no TOC displayed on webserver

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
mddent01
Propeller Head

HTML5 tripane skin - no TOC displayed on webserver

Post by mddent01 »

Hello I hope someone can shed some light on why when I build my project using a HTML5 tripane skin, the left hand side table of contents is not displayed. I think it is something to do with the Foundation framework and the files that Flare does or doesn't upload to a server. A speedy response with advice would be really wonderful!

Thanks in advance
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: HTML5 tripane skin - no TOC displayed on webserver

Post by devjoe »

Do you mean that the TOC pane is empty, or that it is not displayed and you are seeing only the topic?

If the latter, it is probably that you are calling the topic file directly rather than going through the skin. Help calls should use a URL which goes through the skin .htm file in the top level folder, such as .../default.htm#cshid=1 or ../default.htm#somepath/sometopic.htm

If you are getting an empty TOC pane, then it probably does have to do with files not getting uploaded correctly but I don't know why that would happen. You'd have to investigate your upload process and compare the files on the server with the files in your local output folder. The data for the TOC is stored in various files in the Data folder in the output.